The Full Results Update and Brush Download HERE.by: Tim Von Rueden (vonn)
This exercise was a truly sweet! Below is a step by step on how I created each of the gemstones from the exercise practice sheet. I broke it down into each significant step on what was included or added:
- Outline - Begin with the overall look and shape to each candy, remembering to either have them be on a surface or nor.
- Solid Base - Choose a color and try grabbing colors from reference!
- Initial Detail Pass - Before laying down another color, focus on where you want your light source and stay consistent throughout! Also bear in mind whether the light will pass through the surface and be absorbed or will it be mostly reflected.
- Remove Outlines and Add Gradients - This will give the gem a solid foundation from here to detail further! Subtle gradients will add that extra touch of realism.
- Surface, Highlights, and Bounce Lighting – This is the hardest step. Really focus on the lighting on how it interacts with each candy. And for bounce lighting try working with the color in the local surrounding environment (in this case a neutral grey) The subtle surface textures will add a sense of realism as well.
- Highlights - This is a good exercise to see how color can pass with the lighting into the shadow, depending on the material you are working with. A gummy bear will pass color into a shadow far more than a piece of licorice. So it’s all about observing and analyzing how lighting interacts!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo O.O great Thanks
Incredible photorealist render !
How... how lovely! I want to lick my monitor!!
Beautiful job! *mouth waters*
This looks so real. I would eat it all!!!
I just wanna pick em off the screen! They're so realistic! <3
Wow, that gummy bear looks so real!
Quick question.How do you remove line art or outlines?
on the layer, a small eye icon should be on the left of the layer box, to hide the lineart click on the eye
yum it looks delicious
This is a fantastic resource
The tips are great, art shown looks amazing (I had to take another look at them to see if they were really drawings/paintings x)) , and overall- really great tutorial~
Fanatic work! It's real enough that now I want a sweet damnit! Thanks for sharing with us.
I suck at colorings. I hope I'll be able to do some like those one day ^^'
Cutie Candy Sweetttyyyy !!! 🍰
OMG, it look so realistic and delicious , like this tut
Holy crap. So good!
THEY LOOK SOO REAL!
Awesome!! I want to be this good at textures!
Your drawings are making me hungry! lol
Talking about painting realistic.... My eyes are fooling me to think some of the last pictures are actually photos :''D
That Gummy Bear looks real. It's like I can grab it off my screen.
They're making me feel hungry ...
They are so realistic! Amazing!
woah! so realistic
wow they are so realistic, and delicious.
wow! this awesome!
the realism here is freakish!
This is sorcery *o*
this is so perfect that made me hungry '-'
// picks up jaw from floor
haha oh my god, this is a pretty random subject, but it's freakin' AWESOME!! They look totally real. Wow.
lol at "battle damage"
The gummy bear looks so real!
Thanks for an amazing tutorial~!
Thanks for an amazing tutorial~!
Beautiful work a cool insight into creating this material
Holy crap, these are amazing!!!